The NEQ utilizes a Stay to Save policy. Learn more about why and how this policy does benefit the teams attending the event.
What is Stay to Save?
A policy that requires all teams and attendees to book their hotel rooms through EM2 Housing in order to compete in the tournament. The housing department negotiates discounted rates at the best hotels in the area so that registered participants can attend the event for a low price. By booking a room through EM2 Housing, you not only get the best deal on a hotel room, but you also help lower the costs of tournament fees for everyone.
How do I know that EM2 Housing will get me the best deal?
The Housing department continually runs rate integrity checks during the tournament dates to ensure that the contracted hotels are meeting their obligation to provide the lowest group rate on the rooms specifically available in Advanced Event Systems (excluding employee/government/AAA/AARP rates and prepaid booking).
Why are some hotels not in the block?
EM2 Housing is willing to work with most hotels in the city. The primary reasons that a hotel would not be available are:
The hotel did not submit a bid to the Convention & Visitor’s Bureau.
The bid that was submitted had a rate that was too high for the hotel’s product or location.
The hotel safety standards/location did not meet the expectations of NEQ. For example, exterior corridor hotels (meaning that access to rooms was from the outside and not through an interior lobby and/or hall).
The hotel was unable to offer the room types that teams need (double-bedded rooms or king with sofa sleeper rooms).
The hotel would not agree to the terms in the contract required by EM2 Housing.
How many rooms do I have to book to be accepted into the tournament?
Each team is required to book a minimum of 5 rooms with a 2 night minimum stay. These 5 rooms can be made up of team rooms (where players are staying in a room together), coaches’ rooms, and/or parents’ rooms.
Team room totals are based on each individual team and not on a club basis, so the specific team that you are booking for must be selected when making the reservation. Therefore, if a club is entering 4 teams into the tournament they must book 5 rooms per team, for a minimum of 20 rooms, each with a 2-night stay.
How do I book rooms for my team?
If this is your first time booking for Northeast Qualifier, please select the How To Book A Room tab above.
Hotel List and Reservations will be available on Wednesday December 1, 2022 at 8am CST.
If your team is considered local (tournament site is within 60 miles from where your team practices), you are exempt for housing requirements. If you do want to make hotel accommodations for the tournament, you must go through EM2 Housing.
Getting Started – To reserve a room for the Northeast Qualifier, click link below:
On the left hand side, you will fill in NorthEast Qualifier under event name. Select the tournament you are needing to book for to see the list of hotel options.
A list of hotels will appear. The address, distance, stay requirements and breakfast for each hotel will be visible. For information on parking and other room types click the red “Hotel Details” link.
Select A Hotel
- Once you have chosen a hotel, click Book Now. This page will contain an overview of the hotel and the cancellation policy.
- Review this information. You are responsible for understanding and complying with all deadlines and policies.
- If you wish to proceed with booking, click the room type, dates and number of rooms needed and select add rooms. Then click continue reservation.
Provide General Info
- Fill in all required fields (marked by *).
- Under “Reservation Main Contact Information”, enter your personal information.
- The credit card entered will hold the reservation for all rooms reserved in the block. If you would like to put different rooms on different cards, you will specify this in the next rooming list section. However, at least one credit card is required to hold the reservation, whether individual or block, and will need to be entered here before proceeding. Your card will not be charged by AES.
- Click the “Lock Info” button. This button restricts the credit card information so only the name on the card is visible.
- If you would like to add a rooming list select “Next”. If you will be adding the rooming list later, select “Skip Guest List”.
Select your Club & Team
Type in your club name and select “Club Name Search”. Select “Next”. A list of teams from your club will appear. Select all teams that will be booking with the reservation. Click “Next”.
- Review reservation details.
- CAREFULLY READ THE CANCELLATION POLICY.
- Select the check box.
- Once you hit confirm it will complete the reservation.
- There will be a summary page, which you can print. This information is also sent to you in an email.
- At the top of the page will be your reservation number. Be sure to make note of this number. You will be asked to provide this number for any inquiries regarding the reservation.
- If you wish to start another reservation, you can do so by selecting “Make New Reservation” and you will be directed back to the list of hotels.
Provide Guest (Rooming) Lists
Important dates to remember
Reservations for all events open 12/1/2022.
NEQ 1 – February 9th is the last day to make changes/cancellations.
NEQ 2, 3 & 4 – March 9th is the last day to make changes/cancellations.
Attention Northeast Qualifier Club Directors, Coaches and Parents. If you are not paying for someone else’s room, this does not apply to you. If you are paying for your room and your room only, you do not need to submit a credit card authorization. You will merely need to provide your credit card when you arrive at the hotel.
**If you are paying for rooms that your name is not on, or if you are paying for rooms and you will not be staying at the hotel, you must complete a credit card authorization form from the hotel. Once you get your confirmation number, please contact the hotel to provide credit card authorization.
Frequently Asked Questions about Northeast Qualifier hotels.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Please refer to your confirmation page for the hotel’s specific cancellation policy. Some hotels withdraw a non-refundable deposit, or have early departure fees.
- How do I make a cancellation?
- Any cancellation or change must be emailed email@example.com.
- You must type “Cancellation” and the hotel your reservation is at in the subject line of the email.
- In the body of the email you need to state that you want to cancel your reservation. Please give your reservation number and the event your reservation is under.
- Will I get charged if I cancel my reservation?
- Please review your hotel’s specific cancellation policy for information regarding deposits and cancellation dates.
- When is my rooming list due by?
- Please refer to your hotel confirmation email for dates.
- Is the reservation number my confirmation number?
- No, your reservation number is used to track your reservation through our system. Once the hotels get your reservation, we will send a confirmation number to the email address on file.
- When do I get my confirmation number?
- Some hotels will return confirmation numbers faster than others, and we will do our best to ensure the confirmation numbers are sent out as quickly as possible.
- How do I change the check in/out date?
- Any cancellation or change must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must type “Date Change” and the reservation number in the subject line of the email.
- In the body of the email you need to state that you want to change your reservation. Please give your reservation number and the event your reservation is under.
- I called the hotel and they do not have any record or me? what do I do?
- The hotels will not have any of your information until after the Discount Rate Deadline. You will not be in their system until then. All questions and changes needed before the deadline must be sent to or by calling 1-800-603-0917. Do not call the hotels until you receive a confirmation number.
- When is the hotel going to charge my credit card
- Please refer to your confirmation email for the hotel’s specific cancellation policy. Some hotels withdraw a non-refundable deposit.
- How do I get other people in my group to give their credit card information to guarantee their room?
- Prior to the specific deadline dates, you can forward them the confirmation email you receive. With that, they can go to AES Hotels and click on the “Manage Existing Reservation” link. They will need your email address and your reservation #. If you need to make changes after the above dates, you will need to call 1-800-603-0917.
- Will they see my credit card number or anyone else’s?
- No, only the name on the credit card is visible.
- How do I add my rooming list or credit card information?
- Go to AES Hotels and click on the “Manage Existing Reservation” link. You will need your email address and your reservation number. After the previously mentioned dates, you must call 1-800-603-0917 to make any changes. Changes will not be accepted after due dates through EM2 Housing.
- How do I pay for a room using a credit card I will not have with me checking into the hotel?
- You will need to fill out a credit card authorization for the hotel you will be staying at. Please see the Credit Card Authorizations page for further information.